List of publications
Below is a list of selected recent publications, sorted by date of publications. Completed list can be downloaded here:
Books and Book chapters:
- S. L. Lau, A. Ahmed, and Z. Ruslan, “A Review for Unobtrusive COTS EEG-Based Assistive Technology,” in Assistive Technologies for Physical and Cognitive Disabilities, B. T. Lau, Ed. Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 2015, ch. 13, pp. 262–277. [Online]. Available: http://www.igi- global.com/gateway/chapter/122913/
- S. L. Lau, Towards a user-centric context aware system: empowering users through activity recognition using a smartphone as an unobtrusive device. kassel university press GmbH, Jan. 2012.
- S. L. Lau and K. David, Enabling Context Aware Services in the Area of AAC. IGI Global, Feb. 2011, ch. 6, pp. 159 - 192.
- S. Campadello, O. Coutand, P. E. R. van Eijk, J. Hjelm, S. Holtmanns, T. Kanter, S. L. Lau, M. Martin, B. Mel´en, M. Miettinen, R. Nani, P. Nurmi, M. Radziszewski, M. Salacinski, G. Schultz, and E. Turtiainen, Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services: The MobiLife Book. John Wiley & Sons, Oct. 2007, ch. 6. Privacy, Trust and Group Communications. [Online]. Available: http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470512903,descCd-tabl...
- D. Bonnefoy, M. Boussard, N. Brgulja, A. Domene, O. Dr¨ogehorn, G. Giuliani, R. Kernchen, S. L. Lau, J. Millerat, B. Mrohs, P. Nurmi, P. J. Ollikainen, M. Radziszewski, C. R¨ack, , M. Salacinski, A. Salden, and M. Sutterer, Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services: The MobiLife Book. John Wiley & Sons, Oct. 2007, ch. 5. Multimodality and Personalisation. [Online]. Available: http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470512903,descCd-tabl...
- A. Battestini, A. Flanagan, P. Flor´een, S. Gessler, J. Koolwaaij, E. Lagerspetz, S. L. Lau, M. Luther, M. Martin, J. Millerat, B. Mrohs, P. Nurmi, M. Paolucci, J. Robinson, J. Suomela, and M. Wagner, Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services: The MobiLife Book. John Wiley & Sons, Oct. 2007, ch. 4. Context Awareness and Management. [Online]. Available: http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470512903,descCd-tabl...
Journals, Conferences and Workshops:
- S. L. Lau, C. Toh, and Y. Saleem, “Wi-Fi Fingerprint Localisation using Density-based Clustering for Public Spaces: A Case Study in a Shopping Mall,” in 2016 6th International Conference - Cloud System and Big Data Engineering (Confluence), Jan. 14-15 2016.
- S. L. Lau and S. M. S. Ismail, “Towards a real-time public transport data framework using crowd-sourced passenger contributed data,” in First International Workshop on Mobile and Context Aware Services (MOCS2015), Sept. 6-9 2015.
- K. Y. Tey and S. L. Lau, “Evaluation of unsupervised indoor localisation algorithm using real-environment data,” in 2015 IEEE Conference on Wireless Sensors (ICWiSE), Aug. 24-26 2015.
- Z. Q. Ik, S. L. Lau, and J. B. Chan, “Mobile Cataract Screening App Using a Smartphone,” in 2015 IEEE Conference on e-Learning, e-Management and e-Services (IC3e 2015), Aug. 24-26 2015.
- A. K.-L. Yau, S. L. Lau, M. Q. L. Wong, and M. S. Abdul Rahman, "Towards a Smart City: The Case of Greater Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia," in IET International Conference on Frontiers of Communications, Networks and Applications (ICFCNA'14), 2014.
- T. Y. Sim, S. L. Lau, P. Zipf, and K. Kimm, "Design and development of a supported tiered software for teaching and learning using a connected mobile learning application," World Applied Sciences Journal 30 (Innovation challenges in Multidisciplinary Research & Practice), vol. 30, pp. 247 - 255, 2014.
- Y. Xu, S. L. Lau, R. Kusber, and K. David, "DCCLA: Automatic Indoor Localization Using Unsupervised Wi-Fi Fingerprinting," in Modeling and Using Context, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, P. Brzillon, P. Blackburn, and R. Dapoigny, Eds. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, vol. 8175, pp. 73 - 86.
- S. L. Lau, "Comparison of orientation-independent-based movement recognition system using classification algorithms," in 2013 IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications (ISWTA). IEEE, 2013, pp. 322 - 326.
- A. Q. Memon, S. L. Lau, and K. David, "Investigation and compensation of the magnetic deviation on a magnetometer of a smartphone caused by a vehicle," in 2013 IEEE 78th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), 2013, pp. 1 - 5.
- C. Voigtmann, S. L. Lau, and K. David, "Evaluation of a collaborative-based filter technique to proactively detect pedestrians at risk," in 2012 IEEE 76th Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC2012-Fall, Quebec City, Canada, Sept. 3-6 2012.
- Y. Xu, S. L. Lau, R. Kusber, and K. David, "An experimental investigation of indoor localization by unsupervised Wi-Fi signal clustering," in Future Network and Mobile Summit 2012, Berlin, Germany, Jul. 4-6 2012, pp. 1 - 8.
- K. David, S. L. Lau, and B. N. Klein, "Social Link App - A New Communication Paradigm Empowering Mobile Users," IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 80 - 87, Sept. 2011.
- N. Klein, S. L. Lau, and K. David, "Evaluation of the Influence of Time Synchronisation on Classification Learning Based Movement Detection with Accelerometers," in The 11th IEEE/IPSJ International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT 2011), Munich, Germany, Jul. 18-21 2011.
- S. L. Lau, Y. Xu, and K. David, "Novel Indoor Localisation using an Unsupervised Wi-Fi Signal Clustering Method," in Future Network and Mobile Summit 2011, Warsaw, Poland, Jun. 15-17 2011, pp. 1 - 8.
- A. Flach, A. Q. Memon, S. L. Lau, and K. David, "Pedestrian movement recognition for radio based collision avoidance: A performance analysis," in 2011 IEEE 73rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), Budapest, Hungary, May 2011, pp. 1 - 5.
- S. L. Lau, I. Koenig, K. David, B. Parandian, C. Carius-Duessel, and M. Schultz, "Supporting patient monitoring using activity recognition with a smartphone," in 7th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), 2010, Sept. 19-22 2010, pp. 810 - 814.
- S. L. Lau and K. David, "Movement recognition using the accelerometer in smartphones," in Future Network and Mobile Summit 2010, Florence, Italy, Jun. 16-18 2010, pp. 1 - 9.
- S. L. Lau, N. Klein, A. Pirali, O. Droegehorn, and K. David, "Evaluation of the technology agnostic service creation approach," Electronic Communications of the EASST (ECEASST), vol. 27, 2010.
- S. L. Lau, N. Klein, A. Pirali, I. Koenig, O. Droegehorn, and K. David, "Making service creation for (almost) everyone," in ICT-Mobile Summit 2008, Stockholm, Jun. 2008.
- S. L. Lau, J. Millerat, M. Sutterer, N. Brgulja, O. Coutand, O. Droegehorn, and K. David, "Integrating expert knowledge into context reasoning in context-aware environment," in Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Applications and Services in Wireless Networks, (ASWN 2007), Santander, Spain, May 2007.
- P. Nurmi, A. H. Salden, S. L. Lau, J. Suomela, M. Sutterer, J. Millerat, M. Martin, E. Lagerspetz, and R. Poortinga, "A system for context-dependent user modeling," in On the Move to Meaningful Internet Systems 2006: OTM 2006 Workshops, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, R. Meersman, Z. Tari, and P. Herrero, Eds., vol. 4278. Springer, Oct. 2006, pp. 1894 - 1903.